The 4 Best selling cheap hair dryers of the week on Amazon
Even if you can’t afford a professional hair dryer, if you look hard enough, there are cheap and affordable but good-quality hair dryers out there. We are going to present you with the best hair dryers available at low prices below!
Hair dryer at a low price: Comparison
Our ranking was made on the basis of selection criteria. We recommend these 4 essential criteria that will allow you to choose the best product for you:
- the power: check that the hair dryer offers a power adapted to your hair so that the drying is not interminable. For fine or damaged hair choose a power between 1000 and 1500 watts. For healthy hair, you can opt for a power ranging from 1500 to 1800 watts. If your hair is thick then you will need to use a higher power ranging from 1800 to 2400 watts.
- the design: the device must be ergonomic, easy to hold, and above all light. When you have to do brushings that still last for long minutes, carrying the device at arm’s length should not be painful.
- functions and technologies: the current low-end models offer different functions such as the ionic function, the infrared function, and the cold air function. The ions and the infrared make it possible to protect the hair from the heat and to give it softness and brilliance. The cold air function allows you to fix your hairstyle after drying.
- safety: it is advisable to choose a device that has an automatic shutdown. On the one hand, this assures you that it cannot remain on and cause burns if you forget. And on the other hand, it helps to avoid wasting energy stupidly.
Remington Pro air: The Best Inexpensive Hair Dryer
The Remington Pro Air is an excellent option to have a professional hair dryer at home at a very affordable price .
It is a very powerful model with ionic technology to prevent frizz, very manageable, and has an extra-long cord of 3 meters, which gives you great freedom of movement.
The professional AC motor is much more efficient, durable and quieter than non-professional DC motors.
It is ergonomic and very handy, and easy to clean thanks to the removable rear grid. It is definitely worth it if you can afford it, although it is true that it is priced a bit higher than the products reviewed below.
- Professional AC motor
- Complete, practical and powerful
- Not the cheapest
BaBylissPRO BP2800N: an inexpensive hair dryer very suitable for travel
The BaBylissPRO BP2800N catches the eye at first glance, as it stands out with its gold-plated details and elegant design. But it’s not just the aesthetics that define this hair dryer, because it’s a cheap pro hair dryer but a good quality hair dryer, very handy and easy to carry, because the cord is stored in the handle itself.
It has ionic anti-frizz technology, two temperatures, and a cold shot button, and it is ergonomic and very light.
The retractable cord is a nice feature, although after heavy use you might find it difficult to insert it fully into the handle, but it’s worth the effort.
- Original and elegant
- Retractable cable
- Very light weight
- Ideal for travel
- The cable is not very long
- The cable does not adapt well to the handle over time.
Philips Daycare advanced: A hair dryer available at a low price but very safe for your hair
The Philips Daycare Advanced is one of the best-selling hair dryers on the market , an aesthetic model that stands out for its Thermo protect thermal protection, which prevents damage to the hair in the event of overheating .
It is ergonomic , not too noisy and has ionic technology to prevent frizz , although it should be mentioned that the quality of the materials can be improved and it gives the impression of not being very resistant .
- Thermo protect technology protects hair from excess heat
- Material quality could be improved
- Not one of the lightest
Remington Ionic Hair Dry 2200: A hair dryer at a very affordable price but with great power
With the Remington Ionic Hair Dryer 2200 , you get a hair dryer with similar features to a high-end hair dryer , but at a price that’s hard to believe.
It is ionic Hair Dryer , includes a concentrator nozzle and a diffuser , a grid for easy cleaning and top power hair dryer; 2200w .
How does it differ from the high end? Well, mainly the weight (about 600 grams ), the size and the DC motor (not professional). If this is not a disadvantage for you, this hair dryer is a very complete model at a very good price .
- Inexpensive and powerful
- Includes nozzle and diffuser
- The cable is not very long
- Not one of the lightest on the market
Tips for finding a good cheap hair dryer
In this guide you will find tips and tricks for buying a cheap pro hair dryer.
But, before providing them to you, we will guide you on the qualities that the device must have, so that the economic price is not in contradiction with the good quality, because this is essential to ensure optimal care of your hair.
What should a good inexpensive hair dryer do?
The hair dryer you buy should meet a number of qualifications in terms of power, airflow, technology, weight, materials, size, and accessories, as detailed below:
- The power : this is a fundamental criterion because it will determine the time it takes you to dry your hair , an operation that is done daily, so the time it takes to dry everything is of great importance . It is therefore essential that your new hair dryer has a minimum power of around 1800 watts , ideally closer to 2000 watts.
- Different temperatures : it is very important that the device has a regulator offering different airflows and different temperatures , because you know that too much heat applied for too long damages your hair. In addition, if it also has a cold air button, it will allow you to remove residual heat faster and more efficiently.
- Technology : Advanced hair dryers incorporate either Ionic hair dryer technology , to apply negative ions that help water evaporate while sealing the hair cuticle. Or ionic and tourmaline ceramic hair dryer technology, which promotes even heat distribution and good heat distribution at the hair roots, helping to preserve the natural moisture and shine of the entire hair. Some devices also incorporate tourmaline, a semi-precious mineral that has a valuable anti-frizz effect.
- Weight : Lightweight models are essential, especially if you travel a lot, and there are some great options on the market with devices weighing no more than 500 grams . However, it is never advisable for the hair dryer to weigh more than 800 grams so that it is light to handle.
- Size: it is normally related to weight, but not always. In any case, it is important that the hair dryer is not bulky and that it is easy to handle and use.
- Materials : The hair dryer should preferably be made of materials that offer maximum impact resistance , as we all know that these devices suffer a lot no matter how much care is taken.
- The accessories : it is also essential that the hair dryer has extras such as the nozzle that allows the air to be concentrated on specific areas to straighten the hair, for example. Or hair diffuser reviews, which are used to define and add volume to curly hair.
Therefore, we must always follow certain guidelines for drying hair, such as keeping the device 15 to 20 cm away from the hair at all times, the best cold air hair dryer, and always drying from the roots towards the points.
The Different Types Of Hair Dryers
A hair dryer comes in several models that have different features:
- Ionic hair dryers: this is a hair dryer that blows hot air and artificially produces negatively charged ions. This technology dries faster than a conventional hair dryer and minimizes trauma to the hair, as it is less aggressive, making it soft and shiny.
- Silent hair dryers: this device is much less noisy than a conventional hair dryer. It has an average of 60 decibels only for 80 for a normal.
- Professional hair dryers: this model is much more powerful and resistant than a standard hair dryer. It is equipped with a so-called “AC” motor which is intended to have a very long lifespan, whereas the traditional hair dryer is equipped with a lighter and less efficient so-called ” DC ” motor.
- Travel hair dryers: it is a more compact hair dryer, usually foldable which makes it easier to transport. It is generally much cheaper than a standard device and serves the same purpose, which is to dry hair.
- Wall-mounted hair dryers: this is a device the size of a classic hair dryer, powered directly from an outlet and which has a storage base placed on the wall. Its storage mode is more convenient and safe for children.
- Hair dryer hoods: this hair dryer covers the entire head. It uses indirect heat to dry in a gentle and healthy way, compared to conventional hair dryers which use direct heat to dry hair. They remove moisture from the hair while preserving it from the intense heat that could damage and break it.
The Different Hair Dryer Technologies
Some hair dryers are equipped with technologies to provide comfort and well-being to its user. There are 3 important technologies :
- Ionic technology: this technique allows the hair to be dried while preserving its natural shine of the hair. It helps reduce static electricity and damages hair and scalp less. This provides more shine , hold and softness to the hair.
- Ceramic technology: this method consists of giving a constant temperature. The ceramic retains the heat and distributes it evenly throughout the hair to avoid damaging it.
- Tourmaline technology : this process provides volume or impeccable smoothing. It dries the hair faster , while retaining its shine .
Which Hair Dryer For Which Type Of Hair?
If you have fine hair , choose appliances with low power and keep the temperature not too high so as not to damage your hair.
For thick hair , choose a device with high power to reduce drying time as well as several power modes to avoid weakening it.
The hair dryer suitable for curly or frizzy hair must be able to reach 2000 W. A diffuser is expected to define curls and protect them from direct heat. The ion function is recommended.
It’s best to let frizzy hair air dry, but if you still need a blow dryer, focus on those with the ionic function or those with a diffuser to protect them as best as possible. the heat.
How To Use A Hair Dryer?
A hair dryer is quite simple to use, but you have to be careful not to damage your hair. Likewise, careless drying of your hair can lead to tangles, damage, and dehydration. Getting it wrong can also create frizz and static, which can ruin your hairstyle .
- Start by wringing and then pre-drying your hair with a towel: this will help reduce your efforts and reduce your hair’s exposure to heat.
- Detangle your hair with your fingers, gently so as not to break the hair fiber.
- Tilt your head forward to dry the strands from behind and loosen the roots if you’re looking for volume. Use a diffuser if you have curly hair.
- Dry your hair from bottom to top with gentle strokes. Hold the hair dryer at least 30 centimeters from your head while wiggling it to distribute the heat everywhere.
- Once you get to the top hair, divide it into a few sections to dry them individually. This will allow them to dry faster and stylize them.
- Do not hesitate to finish your drying with the cold air touch in order to fix the final result and avoid frizz.
How To Do A Brushing?
In order to achieve a blow-dry that lasts, start by drying your hair using the step before.
- Take your hair dryer equipped with an air concentrator which will allow good precision.
- Begin by sectioning your hair, starting at the bottom of the hair.
- Take a strand and using a brush, start your brushing by working the hair from roots to ends. Go down slowly and repeat the action until the bit is smooth.
- Repeat this process all over your hair, choosing where to place your parting.
- Complete your hairstyle with the cold air mode.
The Dangers Of Hair Dryers
Using a hair dryer daily can damage hair and make it dry . You must try to alternate your drying mode with drying in the open air, without forgetting to dry them with a towel beforehand in order to remove the excess water so as not to crack the cuticles too much.
In order not to damage your hair too much with the heat, be careful not to keep the hair dryer too close to your hair and to keep it in constant movement . This will avoid direct and too long contact with the heat. Prefer low temperatures and the use of a diffuser . Remember that a protective treatment can protect your hair.
For the body
It still happens that people are electrocuted or electrified as a result of improper use of household appliances. A domestic accident happens quickly and unexpectedly.
To prevent any risk of incident, be careful not to use your hair dryer too close to the filled bathtub or a source of water. Do not overload electrical outlets as this may cause a short circuit, unplug the hair dryer after use and before cleaning.
If you hear your device making a funny noise or smelling unusual, turn it off and unplug it. If you have a warranty , ask for advice , send it in for repair or have it exchanged .
How Is A Hair Dryer Made?
A hair dryer is an electronic device with several parts that contribute to its proper functioning. Here are the elements that make it up:
- Front protective grid: allows you to style and dry your hair. The air is centered to work the locks one by one.
- Resistors : heat the air sent by the propellers. They are equipped with a thermal fuse.
- Motor: is the part that makes the hair dryer work. It allows to put an action the turbine which triggers the cold air to send it to the exit.
- Rear protective grid : prevents dust and hair from getting stuck in it. This reduces overheating and prevents it from working properly.
- Turbine: draws in cold air and propels it over the electrical resistances. The turbine is driven by the engine.
- Fresh air button: regulates the heating temperature.
- Switches: allows the start and stop of the hair dryer.
- Carbon brushes: transmit electric current to the motor to turn the turbine.
- Power Cord: Connects the hair dryer to an electrical outlet.
Hair Dryer Alternatives
The blower brushes
The blower brush allows you to create hairstyles while drying your hair. It simplifies your life when creating different styles. It will give you the opportunity to dry your hair, straighten it, curl it or even give it volume. This device frees you from the gadgets that waste your time like curlers, straighteners, and even hair dryers: it’s an all-in-one .
The blower brush is quick and easy to use. It allows you to have pretty hairstyles easily at home . No need to go through the hair dryer box before styling your hair, because it takes care of it.
There are some for all different hair types from fine hair to frizzy hair, and for different uses . There are brushes with several tips that will allow you to achieve different styles of hairstyles. Choose its features carefully before you start.
The heated brush is not for drying hair, you will need a hair dryer to dry it or wait until it is dry to use it. This device is used to straighten your hair or create waves. Thanks to this tool, you will no longer have arm cramps from holding a hair dryer during your brushings and you will be more free to move , because you will only have to hold the brush.
This device does not damage your hair , precisely, it makes it more supple and silky . This is still heat, we advise you to apply a thermal protector as you would for a straightening iron.
Rotating blower brushes
The rotating blower brush has the same use as the blower brush: it dries and styles. What sets it apart is its rotating cylinder to give you even less work. She can straighten and give you curls both ways. Just put a wick at the root and direct the brush which will take care of smoothing, curling, waving …
The heated caps
The heated cap is worn on the head like a normal cap, you just have to put all your hair in it. Some contain neither a motor nor a cable . This accessory will allow you to move quietly while you dry your hair or carry out your hair care. They usually heat up in microwaves or plug into an electrical outlet. They protect your hair against external aggressions.
Frequently Asked Questions on hair dryers
BaByliss is of course one of the first brands that comes to mind when we think of hair care tools. The long lifespan of its devices as well as their reliability are all assets that have won over consumers. On the lookout for the latest innovations , the brand constantly offers new models to improve the beauty and health of your hair. And whether it’s for individuals or professionals with BaByliss PRO, there’s something for everyone!
The Dyson Supersonic and the GHD Helios are vying for the top spot in the best hair dryers of 2022 ranking. Both show great power, in particular thanks to their engines. In addition, they come with different temperature and speed levels for more versatility. The Dyson wins slightly on the design and comfort of use part.
In recent years, hair dryers have undergone a real transformation. We are talking about the ceramic coating inside the device which provides better heat distribution and increases efficiency. The ceramic coupled with the ionic function, often present on the devices, thus improves the protection of the hair ! If you straighten your hair after drying it, we recommend using a heat protectant to keep it healthy.
Want to get in shape like coming out of the hairdresser but you don’t really know how to go about it? For a nice result, run a brush under your hair and at the same time go down the length of the section with your blow dryer . Don’t forget to hook the fine concentrator to your hair dryer! Then just repeat the same gesture section by section. Otherwise, for a hassle-free brushing, we suggest you turn to straighten brushes.
While cordless hair straighteners have seen a boom recently, the same is not true for hair dryers. Even the top of the line hair dryer, the Dyson Supersonic, is corded. As for GHD, BaByliss, or Remington, they also remain attached to the wired option. To see what the future holds for us in terms of wireless hair dryers!
We can only recommend opting for a device with a ceramic heating element that provides even heat over all lengths. Depending on your hair type, the model to choose also varies. For fine hair , a model with adjustable temperature is ideal to protect it from excessively aggressive heat. For curly hair, the diffuser accessory is a must! As for frizzy hair , it is necessary to favor a button of cold air for a well-fixed rendering but also a fine concentrator tip.
100 euros and less: you can find high-performance quality models even under 100 euros. Proof of this is with the Remington PROluxe which features an AC motor! And good news, there are hair dryer models that do not exceed the 50 euro mark, such as the Philips BHD510/00 or the BaByliss Speed Pro 2000! All this with more than adequate power.
Between 100 and 200 euros: at this price, we find the hair dryers used by hairdressing professionals. Speed, power, and lightness are characteristic of this price range.
200 euros and more: these more expensive models give pride of place to innovations. Reduced drying time or even hair care for a softer result, they offer the best at all levels. They also allow you to create different looks!